Past Event – World Oceans Day, How to Take Action for the Ocean
World Oceans Day is a global day of ocean celebration and collaboration for a better future. It’s up to each one of us to help ensure that our ocean is healthy for future generations. Here are a few things you can do on June 8th.
– Take a walk on the beach and pick up trash on the way.
– Walk around your neighborhood or block and collect the litter.
– Throw your cigarette butts in a trash can, they are not biodegradable.
– Join our beach cleanups happening at Rockaway on June 4th, Linda Mar on June 8th from 12:30 to 3PM or at Esplanade on June 9th.
– Educate your children about the negative effect of the marine pollution.
– If you are a teacher, create an activity around the wealth of diverse and beautiful ocean creatures and habitats, how our daily actions affect them, and how we are all interconnected.
Make a Pledge:
– To reduce your use of plastic bags and oil products.
– To recycle and compost as often as you can.
– To drive less and consume water wisely.
– To use your voice to speak up for the environment.
If you have the chance to do any of these, share it with us!
Facebook: @pacificabeachcoalition #worldoceansday
Instragram: #pacificabeachcoalition #worldoceansday
Twitter: @pacificabeachco #worldoceansday
Please remember that the Oceans need our help every day, so feel free to do these kind of activities whenever you can!