PAST EVENT: Whale Town, Why Humpbacks Come to Pacifica
Special Whale Event:
Why the humpbacks come to Pacifica?
Join Pacifica Beach Coalition, Environmental Educator / Oceanic Society Naturalist Nicole Larson and Izzy Szczepaniak, Biologist, Golden Gate Cetacean research for an evening of whales!
- Why have the whales come to Pacifica?
- What do they eat and why are they so close to shore?
- Who are the other whales we see?
- What can we do to protect humpbacks and other whales?
- What can we do to encourage their return to Pacifica?
Friday August 19th, 2016 at 6:30PM
540 Crespi Drive, Pacifica
A free, kid-friendly event brought to you by the Pacifica Beach Coalition and Pacifca Libraries with support from the Bay Area Chapter of the American Cetacean Society and Pacifica’s Environmental Family.