Earth Day of Action – Sat. April 21st 2018
VOLUNTEER & SITE REGISTRATION
EARTH DAY OF ACTION 2018 – April 21st 9 to 11am
For the 13th year in a row, Pacifica Beach Coalition is organizing one of the largest eco-friendly event of the Peninsula, leading beach and neighborhood cleanups from Daly City to Half Moon Bay.
Last year, more than 7,286 volunteers joined us and together we picked up and removed 4,025 pounds of trash, 1,031 pounds of recycle, and 7,609 pounds of greenwaste and 15,923 Cigarette butts from over 80 sites.
We invite you to join our movement!
There are plenty of opportunities available to you, from volunteering as an individual or a family to organizing a group or leading a cleanup, garden, or habitat restoration project.
After your project, don’t forget to join our EcoFest located at Linda Mar. Live music, fun activities for kids and adults and awesome environmental booths are on the program!
Individual & Family Registration – CLOSED
If you are an individual, a family or a small group of friends and you wish to help at one of the beaches or general sites, fill out this waiver & registration form and select the project location you would like to join, you can also refer yourself to the map below. The waiver must be filled out online by each person/family or on the day of the event, please note that doing it online saves time and paper.
Group, Team & Site Captain Registration – CLOSED
Please fill out this group registration form if you are:
– A group WITH a site to cleanup, garden, or do habitat restoration
– A group who would like to ADOPT a new site
– A group who is looking for needy site to HELP at
We also recommend you to fill out this online waiver form and share the link with the member of your group. The waiver must be filled out online by each person or on the day of the event, please note that doing it online saves time and paper.
All site captains will have access to:
• Publicity (posters, flyers + online promotion)
• Supplies for your project (gloves, buckets, scales…)
• Giveaways (Educational Memento)
• Debris Disposal (dump site information below)
• Instructions & papers (waivers, contact form…)
Please scroll below to find the documentation and how-to guides.
1 A. If you are part of a group: Register your group (make sure that the members of your group fill out our online waiver form)
1 B. If you are a family or individual: Register online (which is also our waiver form). If you are part of a small group please have all the family/group members sign it.
2. Arrive at your site at 9am (or before if you are a leader) on Saturday, April 22nd
3. Check in, help at your site, and have fun while being safe
4. When done join the fun at EcoFest at the South Parking lot of Linda Mar State Beach from 11AM to 2:30PM
NEW: Take the Shuttle to the EcoFest!
WEAR – Proper clothing (i.e., sturdy shoes, sunscreen, hat and layered clothing).
BRING – Reusable clean up supplies to reduce waste
PLEASE BRING YOUR OWN BUCKET AND GLOVES!
FOR SITE CAPTAINS
1. Remember all your supplies, material and documents
2. Arrive at your site before 9am to set up on Saturday, April 22nd
3. Lead your cleanup, have fun and stay safe
4. After your cleanup, drop off your Trash Result Form at Linda Mar, we will have a booth at the EcoFest. If you can’t make it, send us an email at info[at]pacificabeachcoalition.org.
SUPPLIES PICK UP:
DOCUMENTATION & HOW-TO GUIDE
|For Site Captains||For Group Leaders|
|– Who to contact sheet||– Printable waiver form|
|– Cleanup guidelines||– Earth Day Poster|
|– Earth Day Poster||– Cleanup guidelines|
|– Trash Result Form to print|
|– Printable waiver form|
MAP WITH SPOTS TO ADOPT & PLANNED CLEANUPS